Panzer Tracts No.4-3 starts at the end of the Pz.Kpfw.IV story. This history includes 26 pages of 1:35 and 1:10 scale CAD drawings of the Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H May 43 (Vomag), Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H Oct 43 (Krupp), Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.J Mar 44 (NiWerk), Befehlspanzer IV Ausf.J Sep 44, Beobachtungspanzer IV Jan 45 and Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.J Apr 45.
The authors’ emphasis has been placed on the features of each sub-variant as introduced by the three assembly firms. Over 50 years of research in private and public archives has made this coverage possible. As usual, Panzer Tracts readers benefit from hundreds of hours spent precisely measuring surviving Pz.Kpfw.IV and their components to create new multi-view drawings.
An outstanding discovery was a surviving Drahtgeflechtschürzen which revealed further details that are documented for the first time and will require the updating of existing model kits. Chassis number analysis has led to an updated production history.
Following Panzer Tracts’ high standards, the history and data are based solely on primary sources. 101 large and clear photos have been chosen to illustrate the modifications highlighted in this 84-page book.
And now Panzer Tracts is published by Panzerwrecks; the book has been refined, and the images reworked from the originals.
- Pz.Kpfw.IV (7,5cm) (Sd.Kfz.161/2), Ausführung H
- Pz.Kpfw.IV (7,5cm) (Sd.Kfz.161/2), Ausführung J
- Panzerbeobachtungswagen IV
- Panzerbefehlswagen IV
- Firepower and Survivability on the Battlefield
- Operational and Organizational History
- Export of Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H and Ausf.J
- Reworked images for clarity and tonal quality
- Refined layout
- Table of Contents
- Vertical title block on the covers
- Perfect bound for durability